Over the last year I have been using REAPER as a PA system, with the Random Weirdos‘ Thursday Kailua Farmer’s Market gigs as my guinea pigs. The Random Weirdos consist of two guitar players, a bass player, a drummer and a singer.
I wanted to:
- have the maximum possible control
- the minimum possible gear load
- to have No guitar or bass amps!
- to have No Hardware FX (All VST’s or other plugins)
- be able to record performances for forensic analysis and other duties
- be able to burn and sell CD’s at the end of the show
- but mostly, to prove it could be done!